Ease of Use

Bought a Seagate 5 TB and it went dead after 2 1/2 months. I took it back to the store today and was not allowed to return it even though it had a two (2) year warranty!

The woman told me that there was a two (2) week window to return and that I would have to go directly to SEAGATE! she also told me to READ the sign, well there are signs on every square inch of the place. If I have to do returns on my own I may as well gone to AMAZON or COSTCO which has a great return policy.

I will never buy another thing from STAPLES. I will buy online, much quicker and better return policy.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Lack customer focus.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 05.

Comments

Well did you read the signs? First of all, there is a return policy for all stores.

After the return period, the product is covered by the manufacturer. Staples did not manufacture the Seagate product, Seagate did. The warranty is with them. I don't understand how that is so difficult to understand for some people.

Unless you bought an item that says Staples is the manufacturer and warranty holder, you have to go directly to the company that made the product.

Sorry for that inconvenience. Ugh!!

FewTapir516
to Anonymous #1592762

Are you kidding me? 14 day return, what a lousy response from you.

Read the signs? Every square inch of the stores interior is covered with signs, do YOU read them all? WalMart, Target, Costco, Lowes, Menards and Home Depot don't manufacture their products either but have a year return policy. How difficult is it for you to understand customer service?

Do you understand time value of money? I bought the product from Staples, not Seagate. I drove to the store to return the *** product, that was an investment in two hours. Seagate did send to me their return policy.

I have to pay for shipping THEIR defective product and take all the time to pack the item, fill out paperwork and drive to a post office to ship. Then I have to wait for the return a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure that you understand the time value of money but my time is worth more than shipping back this *** product bought from a store that does not stand behind what they sell. Staples deserves the same fate as other retailers that provided poor customer service.

to FewTapir516 #1593659

You're funny!! How much "time value of money" did you spend writing this review or throwing a hissy fit because a company does not do what you stomp your foot and want.

Take a pill and do what you have to do to get it taken care of. Work with Seagate who manufacturers the product.

They will take care of the issue. Wish I could insert a roll eyes emoji here :-)

to Anonymous #1592873

In additon to what this anonymous user said I'd like to point out Costco can afford to have a "great return policy" because you're paying them a membership just to buy things. It's the same reason that most stores, Staples included, will not price match Costco or other membership stores.