3.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

In December of 2014 we bought a leather chair including a 3-year warranty from Staples. A month or so ago the leather began cracking.

We contacted Staples who instructed us to call SquareTrade.com, the company handling the warranty. We did explaining our problem, and they agreed that the problem was covered. SquareTrade sent an E-Mail containing an Affidavit for Reimbursement for us to sign electronically and submit. There are 6 items on this affidavit that we were to declare, one of which states that the item (chair) is not functional...

This is not true since you can still sit in the chair, and the affidavit includes a line just above the space above where the electronic signature goes which says "I declare under penalty of perjury under the law that the foregoing is true and correct, and that this declaration was executed on the 17th of November, 2017. " I called SquareTrade and they said the form (affidavit) was "boilerplate" and go ahead and sign it. I didn't agree and asked for an E-mail removing the functionality statement. They agreed to send an E-Mail but never did.

I called Staples Customer Service and was told, effectively, to compromise my values and sign the affidavit. I will no longer shop at Staples.

Product or Service Mentioned: Chair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: Sales people.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 18, 2017.

Comments