1.5

I took my computer into Staples because it crashed. They said fixing it would be no problem. The sales clerk talked me into buying the 1 year warranty. That supposedly covered all software and hardware problems. My bill was over 200 bucks.

Less than a month my computer broke down. I figure ono problem. I got my warranty at Staples. I took it in and the sales clerk found the problem and said would be not charge.

Three days later, I get a call telling something was wrong with the hard drive and they had to order the part. Over the next 5 days I got different qoutes from zero to 175 bucks.

Finally they settled on 59 bucks because they had to order the part. I understand this but I still I feel that staples misled me about the warranty to make the sale. I would recommend you make sure when dealing with Staples you make sure they are no selling you false goods. I am finished with Staples as soon as I get my computer back....10 days and counting.

Review about: Staples Repair.

I liked: Manager tried to be helpful.

I didn't like: No refund or apology offered, Misrepresentations in listing.

Had an Experience with Staples?

Comments

York, Maine, United States #966480

You'll be lucky to get your computer back fixed. I've had more problems with one purchase with Staples to last a lifetime including their supposed warranty plan.

Port Alberni, British Columbia, Canada #921751

I had purchased laptop with extended warranties.From the start I had issues with laptop.

I had repeatedly brought laptop in the staples store. Where there techs looked at it and said it seems fine now. I would take it home and once again problems. This last time it quit working!

I took in the store once again. It had 2 sent to HP in Ontario. Due 2 Xmas and holidays I'm without a laptop. They do not have loaners!

What I was told I could purchase another laptop and return in 14 days!! But! If there was even a scratch on it I was responsible! I told staples I should of been able to return laptop at the start.

They said all my visits to the store with my laptop was not documented!! I will never deal with staples again! I was going 2 purchase 2 more laptops that my grandchildren were saving up for!

But!I'd rather deal with Walmart!!!