I bought a HP Notebook from them and the Manager was screaming at me for not purchasing tech support from them. So I told him my husband can fix it ,he was like do you know how much money you would have to spend on parts.

So I told him listen I'm not planning to spend all day on this laptop, it's just to pay bills, email & social networking.

Staples needs to do something about their staff they are extremely rude and try to force you to purchase items and services you really don't need.

I really hope their Managers and HR in corporate are taking notice of what is being said about them. Word of mouth goes a long way, I went to Staples because of price but my experience was terrible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Staples Manager.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jun 01, 2010.

Comments

Holmestrand, Vestfold, Norway #174911

You must have highly sensitive hearing. The management was just making a suggestion. Why does your husband even put up with you?

Corporate creates that environment. Each store has goals to meet when it comes to plans.

When we do not meet it, we know about it. We lose our bonus if we do meet that goal. He should not have been yelling at you.

That is wrong. But seriously, the way computers are made now, if you buy a plan...you will need to use it.

One: If the manager was truly 'screaming' at you for not buying something (which I HIGHLY doubt), then call CORPORATE.

Two: If your computer is screwed up then you DO need the protection plan.

Don't get all pissed because you're angry you weren't intelligent enough to purchase their tech plan.