1.8K views

I bought a new hp laptop computer $1300.00 + dollars from the beckley wv rip off store.They suckered me into an extended warranty $199 The checker said if i dont buy it, and something happens, you will wish you did especially if it the monitor gos bad or gets damaged.

First i took it in for a shorted powercord. I stood and waited for 30 minutes waiting for the special person that was in the know. while several more customers were waited on. Then i asked to speak with the manager.

the lady laughed and said hes the one were already waiting for she pointed toward him at a distence, and he was doing nothing. She paged him twice. I left mad and she said loudley' have a nice day and laughed. I then sent the computer back a month later the monitor hinge just broke on one side.

They said the power cord is never replaced. After two weekks waiting thinking the laptop was sent off to repair, a big fuss with the manageron the phone,, he then said he sent the laptop off to be repaired he lied it was still there. after two more weeks i called and they said the company would not repair because it was physical damage. Ive bought several computers from the Beckley WV store and lots of oher items.

so take my advie and shop at a reputable store and lets put these crooks out of business.

Ill never again buy anything from staples.Still planing to file lawsuit as soon as my health gets improved a little.

Review about: Staples Repair.

Had an Experience with Staples?

Comments

#1192245

had a good laugh with this one, especially the "I'm gonna sue" line.

Also, if you bought a plan, you were given a pamphlet with a phone number on it. If you knew how to read, you would have seen that you should start by calling the warranty company, not stomping around a store and complaining about a power cord.

you sound unintelligent.

perhaps that is why you got ripped off!

Massachusetts, United States #869529

I had a problem with my computer-after about 3 weeks they sent out a tech from a local company to install a new hard drive that is not working right.My warranty guaranteed a new computer if they couldn't fix the problem.

Who should I buy my next one from?Maybe I should go to apple.

Tarzana, California, United States #716885

Staples plans are ripoff.

I bought a computer 3 years ago with 3 years technical support plan $199.They said your money will be refunded if you don't use the plan.

I didn't use the plan. I called them one week before the plan finish. Customer service said that you will get money 30 days after the plan finish. Nothing happen, no refund after 30 days.

Then I sent an email about my situation. I got an email after one week that I have to call customer service again. I called them and they said that we can not refund your money because you have to file a request before 30 days finish. I said that I called your customer service and customer service said to me that you will get your money after 30 days.

They said there is no record of your call, but I have a record on my phone bill. Actually they stole my money very easy.

Be careful.

Seekonk, Massachusetts, United States #672866

Staple personnel lie and their plans suck. I just got the phone with them after waiting 30 minutes and they told me the plan doesn't cover batteries. that funny, the sales rep told me it did.

Well, unfortunately there's a protection plan and an accidental plan. The accidental would cover physical damage, the protection plan does not.

i purchased a laptop 1 and a half years ago

bought 3 year warranty....no issues so far..would like to know what to do if i have a problem.....WHAT ABOUT ALL SOFTWARE PROGRAMS I HAVE PAID FOR AND INSTALLED, CAN THEY BE TRANSFERRED OR COMPENSATED FOR

THANKS FOR FEEDBACK

:cry

I bought an hp desktop computer from staples a year and a half qgo.i also purchased the extended warranty .

the motherboard had to be replaced 4 times . they told me after the third replacement i was entitled to my money back on a staples gift card or a computer of equal value.

Long story short after months of figting with them they offered me 379.00 for my computer that i paid 899.00 for.So i pretty much got ***!