Bought my HP Pavilion G7 Laptop during their 2012 Black Friday sale. Bought the extended warranty along with the computer.

Recently it has failed to illuminate the monitor, unable to use the computer. Called the local store and was told that they do not have a record of my warranty on file. They had sent me to a store in the next town over as the local store had run out of that particular model. Contacted the other store and was told that only the manager has access to the customer warranty files.

15 minutes later they located my file, gave me the receipt number and informed me that they were unable to help me, as it appeared that the product had not been registered. I remember applying for the HP $50.00 rebate, which I never received. i was to contact an 888 number, where they would handle my warranty. the lady at the 888 was very friendly, but pretty much useless, as she informed me that the store had to approve the warranty and that she had no access to the original purchase record.

I informed her that the manager at the store had documented the transaction and gave her the transaction reference number. "We can send you a box, she proudly stated, in which You can return the computer to us. We will examine it and if we find that it is under warranty we will repair it and return it to You. to many ifs, I decided.

Took the laptop to my local computer store today, where I was told that the monitor has failed.

I have now connected the external monitor from my desk top and am able to continue using the laptop, which now has become a desktop. Two words of advice: Don't buy HP and don't buy any electronics from Staples.

Product or Service Mentioned: Staples Repair.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 31, 2014.

Comments