Los Angeles, California

I purchased an HP desktop computer from Staples two years ago along with a three year extended warranty plan.What a nightmare if you actually have to use it!

Related: Staples - False Advertising for 'Virus Removal' Posted lower price

My computer needed to have the front USB ports replaced (they actually wore out!!!). A simple fix, or so I thought. I took the computer in to Staples, they said they could fix it on-site. After three days, and several calls (with long hold times), the store calls me and says they are not authorized to repair the computer and I needed to schedule an in-house service reapir.

This may seem convenient, but it takes them several days to order the part, schedule a call, and actually show up on your doorstep. After 6 days dealing with this, my computer is still not repaired.

Don't buy the exteneded service plan; it will make you angry and frustrated.Take your computer and have it fixed at a local repair shop- it will save you a lot og grief and time.

Review about: Extended Warranty Plan.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Staples Repair
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Staples?

Comments

Some1

So you got the value of the item at the present time. If your car broke down will the insurance company pay you how much you paid at time of purchase or what they feel its worth now.

Susan

They deemed my laptop unrepairable.They will only give me a gift card for a third of what I paid for it.

Its still under warranty.No computer and 300$ .....hmmm seems like they came ahead

Elk Grove Customer

I had the same problem.On hold waiting for tech support for over an hour.

On day 3 still trying to get computer repaired.

On hold with tech support again because system restoration didn't work.Still trying to find out what is wrong and get it fixed.

Staples Tech

Did you call the warranty number? That is why you paid for it...

Eraserhead
#319772

this may be your problem:

www.iworkatpencils.blogspot.com