Resolved

Staples offed a rebate on an product identified only by its "item number" (1204258)

The product is a software package delivered by download and enabled by a registration key delivered by email.

When I tried to exercise the rebate on my purchase of the identified product I was told that my rebate request was rejected because the product didn't have the correct UPC number.

For the "life of me" I can't imagine where to find the "UPC Label" in the delivered download or the email.

I have heard that only half of the people intending to exercise a rebate actually send it in. I wonder how many that do exercise a rebate will take the time to clear an irrelevant issue such as this?

Had an Experience with Staples?

Comments

Dell - Broken promises in the sales process Dell "Whilst looking at Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 notebooks online, the presales chat pops up and the operator, Vennela tells the machine is in stock. I ask about the active stylus..." Read more Staples - Rude manager regarding refunds Staples "While trying to get a refund, Manager S. on duty at Milpitas store on July 6, 2017 tells me that it typically takes 15 minutes for a refund. I've been..." Read more Indy Jarvis  - Scam and fraud Indy Jarvis "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paicj4Ni1iA Found a video where everything is free. He shouldnt be selling this, it is not right. What he has done is shameful, everyone should see this video, and they..." Read more SHOP ANYWHERE BUT STAPLES Staples "I ordered a laptop for my daughter who lives in the middle of nowhere. Her laptop and died and she was in desperate need in order to stay current..." Read more Pissed of jollibee ruin my surprise for my daughtrs birthday Jollibee "I ordered throuh online jolibee padala and pay via credit card it was confirmed by paypal that the payment has been recieved. I call my daughter that wait for the..." Read more Vacation Travel Club - Freedom Getaways Vacation Travel Club "We just went to a 90 minute presentation last evening. It all sounded great, amazing, unbelievable. We did not sign up, although we were very enticed. It is $6895 for..." Read more Shopify - Scam/Rip Off Shopify " I ordered two bras off the website. Got a email confirmation of my order never got a tracking number emailed customer service never got a reply over a month..." Read more Yamaha Motor - Corrupt Yamaha four stroke F115 outboard engine 2013 Yamaha Motor "I purchased 2 Yamaha four stroke F115 outboard engines from Yamaha dealer in Abu Dhabi " Alyousuf " October 2013. Regular and timely service done with them with no reported..." Read more