San Jacinto, California
Resolved

Staples offed a rebate on an product identified only by its "item number" (1204258)

The product is a software package delivered by download and enabled by a registration key delivered by email.

When I tried to exercise the rebate on my purchase of the identified product I was told that my rebate request was rejected because the product didn't have the correct UPC number.

For the "life of me" I can't imagine where to find the "UPC Label" in the delivered download or the email.

I have heard that only half of the people intending to exercise a rebate actually send it in. I wonder how many that do exercise a rebate will take the time to clear an irrelevant issue such as this?

Review about: Software Package.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Staples?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

50 Floor - Horrible dishonest unprofessional 50 Floor "Our next step is getting a lawyer. We had their high end wood laminate installed in our bathroom, kitchen, and den. Install went fine. A few days after install we..." Read more Staples - Unusual and costly shipping Staples "I ordered two packages of post it notes, white out and a package of index cards. Look at the picture to view how they arrived! Yes all in the..." Read more Client Care Experts - Scam Client Care Experts "Claimed to be from Microsoft and my computer was locked by Microsoft. Not true since we restarted the computer and it worked fine. I have sent the case to Microsoft and..." Read more Astra Security - Great service, loved the product! Astra Security "Well I'm not sure how I learned about Astra guys, maybe got an email from them or through their blog. But this was when has been searching for a security..." Read more Tnt Express - TNT is awful Tnt Express "TNT Express is the worst international shipper I've experienced. Their customs fees are exorbitant, and added charges (handling, residence delivery) came to 2 1/2 times the amount recently paid for..." Read more The Source - Logoforwork.com : Outstanding performance during my business logo design The Source "Steve and Mak are the best! I really enjoyed working with Logo For Work, who provided me with a custom logo design in great quality at a great price. The..." Read more Peltz Shoes tried to scam me! Peltz Shoes "I purchased a pair of size 8 shoes from Sears online. Sears confirmed receipt of my order. Sears emailed me when they processed my order and shipped my purchase "from..." Read more LA PIZZA LOCA - I got an expired salad LA PIZZA LOCA "I place an order 45 min ago. I recieved pizza it looks like it was old. And an expired salad expire on 5 /20/2017 the container pop when inopended it..." Read more