Donna T Vxx

| map-marker Lee, Virginia

Complaint on Store Employee Cashier 205****

Original review May 03, 2024

On 4/30/2024, I drove 66 miles Roundtrip to Staples Store #27, Register 1, Cashier 205****. I provided 34 Recycled Ink Cartridges and a HP Laptop computer for recycling.

The Employee only gave me credit for15 cartridges and the computer. I left the store, looked at the receipt and returned to the Register. The Employee admonished me and advised that their store only allowed 10 recycles. I advised him that my Staples Connect App advised I could recycle 30.

He then directed me to write my name and phone number, email and business name on a piece of paper. He then hurriedly handed me two additional receipts and said Here, they are on these. He had a smirk on his face as he handed me the two additional receipts. Upon returning home (66 miles away), I realized that he deliberately did not add them to my rewards account (575654****).

Im shocked that he would argue against your Companys policy and deliberately deceive me and waste my time by returning to the store the same day and having to call your Customer Service Center to receive my deserved credit. Im appalled that he showed arrogance and a reckless disregard for my time and distance to travel to the store. I would like the Employee disciplined for the wanted disregard and arrogance he displayed to hurry me out of the store with two worthless pieces of paper. I feel I should be compensated one hundred times over for him wasting my valuable time.

He made me feel worthless as an elderly, African American Female, Business Owner. No one should be treated the derogatory way I was treated. Im concerned that I will be treated negatively again if I return to this store. As your slogan goes, it should have been EASY.

, Transaction # 70058, 70060 & 70061. Date 4/30/2024, Store 27, Register 1, Cashier 205****.

I called Customer Service and spoke to Jennifer. She treated me with the respect that every customer deserves and credited me with 30 recycled cartridges for that date. I still feel I should be compensated one hundred time over today for the arrogant Cashier within the store.

I have to take the time to get credit twice in the same day, an additional day and the time to document this unfortunate incident to your Corporate Office. I look forward to receiving a response in the near future.

I wish the Cashier could take Customer Service tips from Jennifer. She was professional and a pleasure to talk to.

Pros:
  • I love the recycle rewards
Cons:
  • One arrogant employee who doesnt know policy on rewa

Preferred solution: 400 points times 100 times 40,000 rewards points as a minimum.

Liem N Lcp

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Not happy with Staples at all.

Not happy with Staples at all.
Not happy with Staples at all. - Image 2

Not sure if I asked this question on the correct page but I am upset and don't understand if Staples can do this:

On 12/5/23 I placed my first Autorestock Order at staples.com for 3 boxes of K-cup Coffee, it was on sale plus 40% off for the first auto restock order, the total was about $55.05. It was scheduled for 1st delivery on 12/20/23.

I just received the order with the price of $195, the price is the normal price with no auto restock discount.

What can I do about this?

Can I dispute with my CC?

I called Staples and waited for 30 minutes and was told their system was down, and to please call back in a couple of hours.

Please direct me where and how to resolve this issue? BBB, FTC or ...?

ca Ank

Customer de-service

forget their cs. they are all in the philippines. when reouted to stateside agent, it took 1 dis-connect and another 20 min wait and one more call. then jessica was unwilling nor was able to resolve an order issue. no humanity there. if it were her family or friends who were having the same problem, the attitude and handling would have been totally different, for sure. this is corporate america.
Cons:
  • Cs airy talk

Preferred solution: nothing, you cannot give back spent time and recycle anger into satisfaction

User's recommendation: go for small retailers

Richard D Sme
map-marker Pine Bush, New York

Good customer service

Store # 0233 Male white employee 4/24/24 7pm... Real pro , had 5 customers at once, helped them all. Walked me thru scan/email process. Nice man good for business.
Resolved
Andy F Wyp

| map-marker Logan, Pennsylvania

Resolved: Loss of gift card balance

Staples - Loss of gift card balance
Staples - Loss of gift card balance - Image 2
Staples - Loss of gift card balance - Image 3
Updated by user Oct 03, 2023

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I still have the gift card that I used at that copy machine.

I just called the automated toll free number to check on the balance, and the full balance is there. When this debacle first happened, the balance was zero.

I don't know when the card was reimbursed, because I haven't checked until now and I haven't received any follow up from Staples (despite a promise to do so). I also haven't been back to Staples since this happened.

Original review Aug 17, 2023
I went to the Staples in Altoona, Pennsylvania, to use the self service copier machine. I had a gift card with a balance of $22.20, and I had the receipt to prove it.

After making a few copies, the machine jammed, and I couldn't get anyone to help me. So, I switched to another copier, but it wouldn't let me use my gift card. I used a credit card just to finish my copying. Finally, I was then able to get someone to look at the first copier, because I wanted a receipt with my gift card balance.

The manager at the store couldn't do that - even though it was an in-store transaction! And the gift card was showing a balance of zero, even though I had made only a few copies. Instead, the store gave me an 800 number to call. The first time I called, I got disconnected.

When I called back, the customer service rep tried to refer me back to the store - even though the store referred me to this number! Finally, the rep called the store - confirming everything that I already explained to her - and yet she was unable to refund my gift card. She tried to give me a coupon instead. No thanks.

So, I got screwed out of my remaining gift card balance (about $21) because the store couldn't give me a receipt, after I made a purchase in the store, on a copier that jammed (not my fault).

And I got the run around after calling an 800 number, which I never would have had to do if the store had handled this the right way. Ridiculous!
Loss:
Pros:
  • Self service copiers
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere. Why would you shop at a place that steals your money?

Kevin D Pqd
map-marker New York, New York

Disgruntled employee

After going to staples to print my documents multiple times I was never asked to fill out my information if I brought in my usb. I asked the manager to show me in writing that it is mandatory for me to fill out my information, she then caught an attitude and told me if I dont not want to fill it out I can go to self service.

If I wanted to go to self service I wouldve done that every time I go to staples.

Its the attitude really for me and acting like Im suppose to do as you say.

It doesnt work like that when you start to notice things. Make sure you value everything about who you are dont ever do anything that doesnt make sense even if to somebody else its a small issue.

Preferred solution: I would like for people to stop doing things because they think they have to. So much going on in the world, just live and respect your neighbor.

User's recommendation: Stand up for everything about you. But do it with class. Do not yell do not cause a disturbance, call Human Resources and have them transfer you to the president of the company. Much love

Guest

If you don’t like their policies, go elsewhere. You don’t matter at all.

Mike G Aqx
map-marker Miami Beach, Florida

Threat of violence 12-18-2023

I placed an order for express printing on 12-18-2023 which was promised to be completed by 3pm est the same day.

By 7pm the store had not yet contacted my provided cell phone 845-893-****

At 10:18am the next day after no contact was received from staples that my order was yet complete; I went back to the store to inquire.

Upon arrival the print order was ready.

I let the associate know that I had not been contacted as usual the day before that my job was ready to be picked up and I asked her to please remove the $9.99 express fee.

The associate immediately got upset and responded no, cause I was still getting my prints.

I explained the situation again and insisted that the express fee be removed; she then called the store manager who upon arrival was already in a confrontational attitude.

He said no as well because he guaranteed that Staples automated system had contacted me.

I attempted to show him my phone with previous notifications from the same service to prove I hadnt received any update on this one order;

Before I had an opportunity to show him my phone he had already responded with; you can delete that

I told him I hadnt but the manager insisted anyways without viewing my phone when offered a second time.

I asked him to please remove the express fee; he refused annoyed.

I told them I was not paying for the whole order and was not accepting it.

I proceeded to tear in half both prints and dropped them on the counter.

Immediately the manager shouted loudly; DONT YOU EVER TOUCH MY EMPLOYEE AGAIN!

I had made no such physical contact in our interactions whatsoever.

That accusation and unnecessary escalation on your manager as well as the lack of understanding for what could have been a shortfall on Staples automated notification system is not acceptable and does not warrant our businesss continued use of staples for our printing and office needs.

To date; we have regularly used this location to print our blueprints without issue and all other previous print jobs had been completed without issue or delay.

This was a complete failure in customer care.

Review the videos; this type of behavior from your staff can get your company sued.

User's recommendation: Avoid them at all cost

Jeff K Uhz

| map-marker Colorado Springs, Colorado

Order Processing Issue

Online ordering confirmed order number 991775**** but will not ship the order. Item is in stock but will not ship.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Order may not ship

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Buyer beware, order may not ship!

Brandi Bcz

| map-marker Albany, New York

No answer to customer service phone

Customer service number not answered and chat takes you to a Pay for Answers site. Why does no one answer the phone number?

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere if possible

Kathleen D Jax

Cannot get through to my account

;Ii cannot log into my account. I am not going to try anymore. I will just buy what I from another company. I have tried numerous times and can not get on. I am tried of trying. Kathleen Diedrich

Preferred solution: I have decided to shop elsewhere

gary e Uci

Total incompetence and lies

Updated by user Dec 08, 2023

no resolution after 30 days

Original review Dec 08, 2023
1 month and still no delivery of busineww cards. whole order totally screwed up with no help from anyone. lied to by Mike and no action taken to resolve the situation. totally pissed
Pros:
  • Non
Cons:
  • Horrible service and unable to contact anyone to resolve problem

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: don't go to this company. total *** beginning to end.

Elissa W Hwr

Delivery

Yesterday I spoke to customer service 3 times and they were very helpful. Today can't get through. Told to call back It's been hours. Never received delivery yesterday Nov 27. Was home until 7 pm. No notification if being delivered today. How do I get to speak to someone to find out status. Customer service # 991651****.

Janssen Cdh
map-marker Cherry Hill, New Jersey

Problems inability to get any technical information at the store on purchases made

I have bought my printer at Staples. I have bought printing ink I have bought paper I see that theres a problem getting much less copies Im supposed to cartridges I can get no technical answer. I can get no way to check the cartridges to see which cartridges are not full and Im sitting here waiting for the manager at the store in Ocean Township New Jersey. Ive been here three times.

User's recommendation: Either go to a store or another supplier with technical knowledge available for you when you make a purchase

Barb F Sle

| map-marker West Mifflin, Pennsylvania

Rude Customer Service

Gen-X female here and I've been going to Indiana, PA Staples for years. Now, yesterday I was dressed in yardwork attire, shorts, hat backwards, cute shirt with a cat on it with hair pulled back. Not only did the woman refer to me as 'sir,' she was also extremely rude in answering questions about when McAffee Internet Protection will be arriving. I really resent the fact that just because I'm tall and flat-chested I'm referred to as 'sir' considering no guy in his right mind would wear what I had on. My days of shopping there are over and the main headquarters will get a letter about this.
Carle Vux

IT was a simple mistake not rudeness

Guest

We're very sorry for your experience, good sir

View more comments (1)
map-marker Poughkeepsie, New York

No contact info

There is no way to contact anyone at Staples at all. I need to change my phone number and I cant do that without a human worker, but there are none in the USA. Why do none of the contact information work?

User's recommendation: Give a number for contact info

map-marker Lahug, Province Of Cebu

Over charged for a letter to the Philippines.

A friend trying to send me a letter from Winnipeg to the Philippines and he had to pay 200 dollars for a envelope. The Post office is 75 dollars. What is this all about. You just lost many people who shopped at your store. Someone screwed up and tricking people is not how you keep customers. How can you justify this.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article