Perry,New York
2.5

One employee in charge of handling the print work that is ordered through the Webster NY location, I believe his name is Paul, made several mistakes on one order. I know you are thinking to yourself, how can he make several mistakes on one order...

well he did. The order was pretty straight forward, business cards, not difficult. The issue for poor Paul was there were more than one file. I'm sure it must have confused him.

One file was resent in a separate email, after confining from the staff there that was how it needed to be sent, and this is what caused the major mistakes that were made. I was told, by Paul, that there was a "miscommunication" in the order and that is why he failed to meet the deadline promised by him and another employee. Our company had to try to pick up this job a day late, and after 4 return visits, we had most of the order. Needless to say, when I spoke with Paul, I was to blame in his eyes.

Yet, after speaking with the other employee who was very helpful, she clearly stated I was NOT TO BLAME, it was in fact, an error in-house. When I requested that the final box of cards be overnighted to the sales team in the field in Texas, I was told by Paul that, even though they are a UPS ship center, they don't overnight ship anything. It wasn't possible in his opinion. He was going to have to speak to a higher up about it.

When I asked him to please call me back and let me know if this was going to be possible, I never heard from him again. When the package did reach Texas and the sales team, it was in fact the wrong card that Paul had printed... Another call went in to the Staples on Hard Rd. in Webster.

This time I was fortunate to connect with another person who was very helpful. When I explained the situation of the several visits to collect our order and the mistake of printing the wrong file, she was more than willing to assist me in making sure that we finally had the correct cards and had them in hand in Texas the next day. I have been working in the print and design industry for over 20 years, and the unprofessional service I received from Paul will remain in the top 5 of my career experiences with rude and clueless people I have encountered along this journey. All I can say is, if you are ordering from Staples in Webster, please do yourself a favor and ask for Leslie.

If you get Paul, hang up and call back. Hopefully she answers.

Product or Service Mentioned: Staples Printing Service.

Reason of review: too much to type - read review.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Paul in webster staples.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Dec 04, 2015.

Comments

Ok now what a second. You have that kind of experience and demand a certain level of quality and yet you use staples as a print (copy) resource.

Shame on you.

You always get what you pay for. I and print broker and well...Staples, really?