I bought a toshiba computer for my girlfriend as a gift but her mother became ill till she past away soon after. Did not have time to return it until the following day after warranty expired.

They would not refund me the money or exchange it either.

Called toshiba for their address to send it and they sent a bunch of surveys instead. Got no help there either. The $ 50 rebate offer by Staples never arrived either. Now I got no Computer and I'm out of $400. The manager at the Davie store in Florida where I bought it was a real *** and told me he could not help any longer. This was the second time I took the computer to them.

Will never do business with Staples again. Buyer Beware!!!

Review about: Staples Manager.

Had an Experience with Staples?

Comments

Denver, Colorado, United States #1056431

You say you're out $400 and have no computer.Not really sure how you managed to lose a computer, but good freaking job.

There are strict return policies for reasons and if they are not adhered to then you cannot return your item.

I would have just sold the computer for some sort of money if it was that big of an issue.It was brand new so why not.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #796096

Your a M0r0n plain and simple!!!!!

Russellville, Arkansas, United States #753964

*** people should not be allowed to buy computers.

First, Staples only has a 14 day return policy for electronics, so I'm not sure why you would think they'd return it after your Toshiba warranty was up (1 year?). And why is it Toshiba's fault that you waited until after the warranty expired to do anything?

Los Angeles, California, United States #701062

I work for staples near LA and yes if you tried to return a pc after 14 days your out of luck there.Even if they wanted to take it back there is nothing they can do as the register has no override or anything.

The only option is Toshiba. Now i don't know how you tried to send your pc in but if it needed repair under warranty there is an option on there website for that (that I've used.) What will happen is they will send a box and a return label. You put the pc inside and stick the return label on it and that's it. In some cases they will actually send you a new pc FIRST and ask you to send the old one back in the box the new one came in.

Ive helped a few customers used there manufacturers warranty by giving them website to go to and even write down s/n's they may need.Not really surprised this didn't happen to you though, considering not many people want to take the time to help customers.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #699850

What exactly does the fact that you bought a computer for your girlfriend and then her mother became ill and passed away, have to do with you wanting to take the computer back to Staples?You make it sound like the reason you want to do so, is because of your girlfriend's mother's illness, which makes no sense.

Furthermore, why couldn't you do this exchange during the ordeal your girlfriend was going through?

You didn't have to be there 24-7.There is no reason you couldn't have taken the computer back before the warranty expired.

to anonymous Pompano Beach, Florida, United States #700353

LISTEN ANONYMOUS......WE LIVED FAR FROM THE STORE AND SPENT THE ENTIRE DAYS AT THE HOSPITAL WHEN WE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TIME TO SCRATCH OUR *** EITHER TILL SHE WAS GONE.....THE COMPUTER SCREEN VIEW WAS SIDEWAYS AND WHEN THEY FINALLY TOOK A LOOK IT COULD NOT BE FIXED.........THIS IS A TRUE LEMON COMPUTER BY TOSHIBA AND BY ALL MEANS. STAPLES NEVER WANTED TO HELP US FROM THE BEGINNING...........IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU WORK FOR THEM......I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR *** TRAP MOUTH OPEN AGAIN.......GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR *** STORE.

Hiddenkaos
to Anonymous Mobile, Alabama, United States #795106

I shouldn't feed this, but that just made me laugh so hard...I almost wonder if you just messed up the screen settings and flipped the screen orientation yourself and just don't know how to fix it.

Pretty easy to do since it only takes two buttons.

As far as the warranty, 14 days, that's all they give you.And while, if its true, I feel bad for your family and friends, this world doesn't care and wont make exceptions because of it.