On 12-17-09, I ordered the Windows 7 Home Premium Family pack from Staples online for $162.36. The estimated delivery date was before Christmas, which was perfect since it was planned as a Christmas gift. When I checked-out and completed the order, the estimated delivery date was after Christmas.

On 12-18-09, I called Customer Service (800-782-7537) and spoke with Liz who said she would send a message to the warehouse to try to stop the shipment. Of course my credit card was already charged and the item was shipped. Liz told me to refuse the package from UPS and then call Staples and they would credit my account. I tracked the package and it was intercepted by Staples and told to return to the shipping warehouse. I never received the package.

On 12-28-09, I called Customer Service again and spoke with Beth who said the package was back in the warehouse and waiting to be processed for a credit to my account. Beth said I should see the credit in a few days.

On 1-2-10, I still had not received a credit on my account and so I called Customer Service again and spoke with Arthur who said the item was on the way back to the warehouse and he will issue the credit for me from his system and that I should see it by Wednesday (1-6-10) or Thursday (1-7-10).

On 1-7-10, I still hadn't received my credit adjustment and I called Customer Service and spoke with Dawn who told me that the credit was issued on 1-6-10 and that I should see it in a few days. I tracked the item online by UPS and discovered it was returned and delivered to the warehouse on 1-5-10 at 10:55 a.m. and signed for by Ochoa

It is 3 weeks from the date that I canceled the order, that I never received, and I still do not have an adjustment to my credit card account for the amount of $162.36. From the timeline above, it is obvious that Beth lied to me about the item being in the warehouse and Staples lied, in general, about the item availability and shipping estimate. Here I am without my credit adjustment for 3 weeks and I never received the item in the first place.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 08, 2010.

Comments