Staples - Easy Tech Rip Off - Simple Re-installation left me with a non working computer,Damage, Switched Parts
The tittle says it all! I gave them my Dell XPS laptop running at top speed with NO Issues other than a few hiccups running it for 5 1/2 years with a Dell 5 year in home warranty that had never been out of my possession and mostly used as a desk top so it was extremely clean with NO DAMAGE! With Microsoft XP ending support April 8 I decided in Dec to wipe out the hard drive and reinstall XP clean and get all the updates before they were no longer available.
What I noticed immediately when I got it home was the Power Adapter was switched! Not the PP28L that came with my Lap but a LA90PS1-00 with a lower amp range. The first thing I noticed it was larger, the cords were thicker & shorter and both went in the same direction, mine didn't, upon closer examination I noticed it had an orange inventory sticker with a power rating on the cord.
It was evening so I just put it down on my desk and opened the lid and the cover partially pulled away from the screen I turned the light and on at closer look The Midnight Blue Cover mysteriously turn to a faded Tuxedo Black and was scratched and a nick on the keyboard
When I confronted the tech(assist mgr) His explanations was as follows Deny! Deny! Deny! Tore off the tag from the power cord and said he has no Idea what I'm talking about he not working on any other Dells to have mixed it up. When I showed him the lid he shrugged his shoulders and denied that too. I pointed to my lap and said what color is my computer he said BLACK! I said that's funny because mine is MIDNIGHT BLUE he lifted it up turned it on the side then replied " well if you hold it on a certain angle you can see a hint of blue. I replied " Black is made with blue but Blue is not made from black!!!!!!! Dismissed everything with it's an old computer, But that wasn't the worse of it!!!!!!!
Nothing worked, couldn't get internet connections, printer kept saying it wasn't installed even though it was, Monitor was distorted and couldn't set the resolutions everything took a full min + to load
OS Drivers were missing or not compatible I can go on and on nothing functioned, After 5 weeks of calling and bring it back he still couldn't correct the issues so he decided to reinstall it again. He came to me this time and when he was finished I went trough a check list of all the programs and drivers with him. When I noticed the Bluetooth & Dell 1395 wireless that runs the Bluetooth was not install he said " you don't have Bluetooth!!!!!!" I replied I certainly do! and pulled out the original documentation of my lap. He replied "well if you did it's not there now!"
The Bluetooth was the last straw. With the adapter being switched, the cover damage and changing from blue to black I feared the worst and took me weeks to get Dell to give me the codes for the original parts and cost me $201 to find a repair service to verify the hardware parts.were there. The Bluetooth was there but not functioning and still isn't.
Bottom line everything it was working with no issues when I gave them my lap, the cover was blue, I had NO, absolutely No Cosmetic Damage and the original PP28L power adapter. I contacted Corp and all they were interested in was getting information for damage control to avoid responsibility. I begged them to just get my computer working correctly but they ignored me It cost me an additional $400 to get a real professional tech @ $95 hr for 4 hours to re-install everything properly to make it functional, But what price can you put on what was returned to me may possibly in part may not be what I gave them or set an amount on the 2 months frustration of a non operational computer while trying to get Staples to correct the problems they caused. I've done biz with Staples for probably 20 years NO longer! A company that is only interested in covering their "A" and won't take responsibility for their actions or services cannot be trusted to sell me even a paper clip. It's no wonder they announced the closing of over 300 Stores
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Operating System Reinstallation
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Matt Gulla was on Ted's team for 90 days, then got his very own department (Customer Advocacy). With a resume like this he was clearly the one for the job......"
- "On April 4, 2016 I bought 30 iphone se 64gb from Apple Wholesale Store because of course I have read all of the positive reviews online and also saw the..."
- "The Staples Canada Head Office In Richmond Hill, Ontario Canada Will Not Help You And Is As Cheap And Selfish As Possible! Back on Sunday, July 24, 2016, I spent $452.70..."
- "I looked at the Google reviews much too late. They claim to send you new items straight from the manufacturer but in actuality they are refurbished. I ordered a Plantronics..."
- "AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL I order flowers for my friend who was having cancer surgery on her Birthday on Feb 18th. The website promised same day delivery and even gave me..."
- "Attivos Magistrais Indústria e Comércio. Ltda. (“Attivos”), a Brazilian company based in Goiás, has defaulted on the sale of materials by Summit and that the amount due and owing under..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."