Staples Price Match Bait and Switch

Asked to price match with Amazon. I provided the links to the product on Amazon.com and Staples.com. Live-chat rep agreed and asked me to go ahead and order and provide her the order number. I confirmed several times if the price match would be approved (the price difference was substantial). I proceeded to order and give her the order number. When I received the confirmation email it was a higher price still (even after the "price match"). Confronted the rep and was told that she used a different price from Amazon.com?!?

My issue:

1. She confirmed to match the lower price.

2. She never mentioned another amazon.com link or a higher price

3. Never sought my consent before going ahead and matching for a higher price. My money = My consent.

d69071f review #479930
3 Helpful? 1
Had the same issue2 Comments3 Report
Had an experience with Staples?  Submit review about this company
Linda

Nov 25 Riverside, California

Their price match policy is a scam; they did match a price for me, in which I kept all copies of receipts proving the lower price for the item I found elsewhere, along with Staple's receipt, proving they matched the price. When I went to their store to purchase the exact item and asked for a price match, they refused. So two times they matched it; the third time they refused. I called corporate and they defended their unreasonable, unfair tactic of what they did to me. I'm going elsewhere to buy my products.

0 1 Reply
shawn

Jun 22 Jonesboro, Arkansas

Why would you tag it as bait and switch?? This is not the definition of bait and switch. I have price matched with Staples several times and their policy clearly states it must be for the exact same item. The link you gave was refurbished so of course it would be a lesser price.

1 1 Reply

Mar 20 West Palm Beach, Florida

Manufacturer Refurbished. Fast shipping.
The link from Amazon is for a refurbished unit. Staples doesn't sell refurbished units. Why would Staples price match a brand new item to match a refurbished model?

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Staples.
Filing a new complaint about
×