Staples Price Match Bait and Switch

Mar 20
review #479930 contact

Asked to price match with Amazon. I provided the links to the product on Amazon.com and Staples.com. Live-chat rep agreed and asked me to go ahead and order and provide her the order number. I confirmed several times if the price match would be approved (the price difference was substantial). I proceeded to order and give her the order number. When I received the confirmation email it was a higher price still (even after the "price match"). Confronted the rep and was told that she used a different price from Amazon.com?!?

My issue:

1. She confirmed to match the lower price.

2. She never mentioned another amazon.com link or a higher price

3. Never sought my consent before going ahead and matching for a higher price. My money = My consent.

abf6b97
Had an experience with Staples?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
shawn

Jun 22 Jonesboro, Arkansas

Why would you tag it as bait and switch?? This is not the definition of bait and switch. I have price matched with Staples several times and their policy clearly states it must be for the exact same item. The link you gave was refurbished so of course it would be a lesser price.

0 0 Reply

Mar 20 West Palm Beach, Florida

Manufacturer Refurbished. Fast shipping.
The link from Amazon is for a refurbished unit. Staples doesn't sell refurbished units. Why would Staples price match a brand new item to match a refurbished model?

1 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Staples.
Filing a new complaint about
×