Staples - Bad Computer Repair

Issue not resolved

I took my computer to them because my desktop would not open.I paid Stapples Computer Department $69.99 to dignos my computer.

Two days later I called the number on the receipt, but it was impossible to get anyone to help me. I called about 3 to 4 times asking for help regarding my computer. Their customer service is really horrible. After so many attempts by phone with no results, I decided to go to their store to find out the status of the repair.

I spoke with Charles and Brian, they said that I would need a new harddrive. I said okay, how much would it cost? They came with a bounch of charges: PC Tune Up, Internal component Install, Operating System Install, and data recovery, for a total of $259.00 not including that $69.99 already paid initially for dignos. I said okay, if that will fix the problem; go ahead and repair it.

Two days went by and not phone call from them regarding my computer. So, I went back to store again to find out what was going on. Bryan and Charles were not to be found, they were gone home already. This time I addressed the issue to the Manager, he told me that I will need a new computer, that the mother board was vasted.

I said that is imposible, I brought my computer to you guys to dignos and you guys told me that it will need a new harddrive; you guys are ripping off; I want my money back. He keep emphazising that a new computer was best for me.

That was my bad experience with Stapples.I would not take anything for repair nor shop in their store.

d6c22dd review #313298
44 Helpful? 56
Had the same issue6 Comments10 Report
Had an experience with Staples?  Submit review about this company
snoopy

Oct 07 Cape Girardeau, Missouri

I agree most shops charge a lot & doesnt no what they are doing.I see people buying software to install drivers on a computer and wasting their money when all you have to do in turn on install drivers with other updates.I have windows 7 and it will install any driver automatic for you if you no how to turn it on.My pc is 14 years old, pc are tough, i fix pc that had the blue screen of death,had a virus even in the memory.i have yet to see a pc that couldnt be fix.To turn on microsoft update your drivers Left click on start menu then Left click on computer then on that page under computer on the left side toward the bottom Left click on network then on the Right side on that screen click on network Infrastracture and then it should give you the option to turn on drivers update.When windows updates pc it will search also to find driver updates for you. My email address is snoopymuffy@gmail.com if you have any questions email.me

a person

Aug 19, 2013

Exact same experience. Its got viruses again now :x

Read

Jun 05, 2013 Holbrook, New York

WOW, that is truly ridiculous! From what you said you DO NOT need a new computer. Unless the harddrive completely cracked, you don't even need a new hard drive.

ANTI-VIRUS

Oct 15, 2013 Greeneville, Tennessee

The only time a computer would need a new hard drive would be if it were doing the "hard drive click of death". Which isn't vary common in desktop, or laptops. Sounds like to me would be a bad data cable, or you would need to reinstall windows. ,)

wow really

Dec 14, 2012

That is the answer you will get from any repair/ retail store that sells computers. If your taking your computer in because it's doing something that you don't know how to fix your self than it's an easy answer for the tech " you'll need a new computer" bam they just scored at least a $500 dollar sale. Dont be suckered into a retail chain repair service.

0 1 Reply
You're a douche

Oct 26, 2012

To the IHateStupid Customers.... You're a douche.

Apr 30, 2012

to the guy from Ann Arbor, Michigan. I can't say that corporates for certain stores hire people to defend their company online because let's face it, they don't share that kind of stuff to the public. but I was simply responding the original poster's post. while I don't completely agree with how the employees treated the situation, I think she was dumb as well. that doesn't make me an employee of some secret corporate defending team or something. sometimes people just like to point out how dumb customers are, especially people that have worked retail before. all I'm getting from your comment as that you use your spare time checking many websites for complaints about Staples and then decide to accuse people of things.

Apr 30, 2012

Interesting??

Apr 29, 2012

I've been reading complaints online about Staples office supply stores and have noticed an interesting trend in the response "comments". One, there are a high number of comments questioning the validity of peoples complaints. Normally I've found that people chime in and agree to similar negative customer experiences. Two, and this is the really interesting part, I've noticed that one or more comments below multiple complaints, on multiple websites, will accuse the complaining person of making one or more statements in the body of their complaint that were never made. I've found myself rereading multiple complaints to ensure that I didn't miss something or misread something.

It appears that Staples corporate is possibly managing their online reputation in an unethical manner.

I may be incorrect but reader beware!

Apr 22, 2012

while I do think that they should have contacted you to keep you updated, I also think you're a ***. a diagnostic.. by the way, that's what it's called. not dignos, ***. anyway, a diagnostic is to see what's wrong with your computer. if they find out what's wrong, they can apply that $70 to the total charge of your services. in that case, it would have covered $70 of that $260 charge. they did their job by finding out what it needed but it looks like in the end, the computer was just messed up to the point where they recommended that a new computer was the best way to go. there's your answer.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.